Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mission Complete






Since mid-October we have been renovating the kitchen and it is now finally complete. We love the backsplash and the counters and the floor. We think the combination of these varied patterns makes the kitchen warm and interesting. At $30 a square foot the marble mosaic was a big risk, but we think it looks beautiful. I'm so grateful that we took on this challenge and made it all the way to the end. What seems impossible right now to me was normal. Walking up three flights of stairs to do dishes in the bathtub was just what I had to do. Covering the couches to protect them from soot everyday was reasonable. Cleaning toilets used by burly contractors was necessary. Eating only microwaved food and salad was commonplace. All of these sacrifices were worthwhile and taught me to appreciate and enjoy the luxuries that I now have. Saying that though, if we were to re-do this major renovation with an eight month old baby we would have rented an apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment