Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Chores



Reid has a few chores. He loves Caillou, on the show, Caillou feeds Gilbert the cat. I asked Reid if he would like to feed Daisy and he said, "Just like Caillou and Gilbert" so I taught him to scoop up the food with the mug and then put it in Daisy's bowl, put the mug back in the food bin and then put the lid back on the bin. He loves this job! He has a difficult time scooping up enough food in that heavy mug, so poor Daisy has to sit there and wait while he scoops over and over again, trying to get enough kibble in her bowl. Sometimes he reaches in there, scoops and there's not one kibble in the mug. When he's finally scooped enough in the dish I'll say, "thank you Reid, Daisy likes when you feed her" to which he'll reply, "Daisy says sank you to Reid". Another job that he's been doing for quite awhile is putting the tupperware back in it's drawer from the dishwasher. He takes this job quite seriously and will open and close the drawer every single time he places a piece of tupperware in it. I'm not sure why he doesn't just keep the drawer open until we've emptied the dishwasher. In the big snow storm a couple weeks ago he helped me shovel the front steps with his very own shovel. He had never willfully worn mittens until he was told that he would be helping me shovel. But, there he was wearing those mitts, pushing the snow as best he could. I always make a huge fuss over how great a helper he is to me. He is very proud to help mommy. Chores keep him busy and make him proud of himself. Now if I could only get him to tidy up his toys. We're working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment