Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lakeshore Fair





Crack heads from the projects and middle class families alike enjoyed the Lakeshore Fair last weekend. I brought Reid and Laila for an hour last Friday afternoon. When Reid wasn't punching his sister in the face in the stroller, he was riding some rollercoasters and merry-go-rounds. He was very serious on the merry-go-round. He was sure that he was controlling the steering on that train he was riding. He was absolutely terrified on the rollercoaster and ran to the exit gate as fast as he could. Neither Max nor Reid cried, but the sheer terror in their eyes made Cheryl and I yell, "stop, the ride!" at the carnie, who ignored us.
When Jeff got home, all Reid wanted to talk about was the Dora popsicle that he ate. I guess he blocked the rollercoaster out of his mind.
As a side note, can I just say that I'm scared of carnies? Always have been, always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment