After a week of very long hours and way too much to drink, I'm finished filming Come Dine With Me Canada. It was an amazing experience where I learned a lot about myself and met four people I would never have otherwise spoken to. Thank God my mom and Jeff helped me with the kids. I never would have been able to taken care of them without their help. Here are a few pictures of the ice sculpture that I ordered for the show. These pictures were taken at 4am when the crew was still packing away their gear. It had melted significantly from when it had first been delivered. It is called a luge. This should be a big portion of my episode because everyone had so much fun using it. One lady tried to drink the shot upside down and ended up having all of the makeup washed off of her face before I served dessert. The best part of the week happened while I was preparing my dessert. From over the director's shoulder I looked out onto the deck and saw my party guests and the TV crew laughing hysterically while enjoying the luge. It felt great to have hosted the most sincerely fun moment of the week.
The worst part of the week was feeling guilty about calling another cast member wacky and a wackadoo. She was a very weird lady, but I felt bad about being a bit mean spirited. I made sure to be nice to her on and off camera after Monday's guilt. Imagine if I had called her a crazy bitch! I wouldn't have slept for weeks!
The saddest part of the week was knowing that Laila had to cry herself to sleep because I wasn't home to nurse her to bed. She got to know that bottle really well and I know she is going to be completely weaned from me in 6 weeks, but I still didn't want to hear that she was crying in her crib. The production company was not sure when our block would air on the W Network, but the new season of the show begins Monday September 12th, so I'm guessing sometime in November. We were block number 13. I will post the air date when I find it out.
No comments:
Post a Comment