Friday, March 23, 2012

Sliding






Laila has become obsessed with the slide at the park. She climbs the ladder bravely and then pushes herself down the slide. I have to stand behind her just in case she falls off, which has happened once already. Reid is usually excited to join her and will show me fancy ways of going down the slide, like the one leg on and one leg off move. I have to be careful with our little stunt double Laila because she will just step forward onto the slide causing her to sometimes flip or crack her head on the metal. I have to say, "Sit down Laila, sit." She also wants to turn around at the top of the ladder and climb back down the steps. In one of the pictures above I was telling her to turn around and she's saying no to me. If there is a kid behind her waiting to go down the slide she will refuse to go down. She just freezes and looks down, not budging, intentionally annoying the big kids behind her. Reid also irritates her b pushing her aside and stepping on her hands, feet whatever to get up to the top of the slide before her. Kind of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment