Here we are on Friday eating a picnic with friends at our library park. Laila always likes what other moms bring to eat better than what I bring. Someone had orange slices that she polished off! I've never seen her eat orange until then.
This is the kids and my friend Jen in the train ride around High Park. We all met up Saturday morning and had another picnic and play in the sand.
Sandra and Fin.
Ashley and Hudson.
Reid being cute. He now talks to grown ups. It's pretty cute to hear what he tells strangers. He usually tells them that he's going to have a Halloween birthday party and that he has a dog named Daisy.
Laila has been copying everything Reid says and does. She admires him so much. I tried to get her to sing the alphabet but Reid inserts fart noises and then she has to make fart noises too, so I never get a serious ABC's out of her.
It's hard to get a nice smile out of them too.
Reid's getting used to being the big boy. I asked him to hold a 2 year olds hand and help him play on the playground last week and he did. He'll now notice that he's the oldest kid and likes to help the little ones on the slide.
This was really cute and then they started pressing their heads harder and harder and then they were pulling each other's hair. It had to escalate from cute to violent.
Sunday, Ashley and I went to the zoo. We arrived right at 9am and got to enjoy the park before the hoards. The animals were really active so early and we got to see a lot of them moving around and up close. The orangutans were right against the window playing with a bucket of soapy water and looking at us. They made eye contact with the kids and started rubbing the window with the soapy water. The kids were a little afraid at first, but once I explained the window wouldn't break they got closer.
They liked the statue outside better than the real thing. This is a memorial for an orangutan that died after someone threw it human food.
Reid and the elephants. He says his favourite animal was the giraffe. Laila says her favourite was the zebra.
Here they were trying to see the cheetah in the distance off of a boulder. The cheetah wasn't just laying down in the sun it was scratching a log and then rubbing itself along it and shaking it's tail exactly like our cats do.
Daddy was sick all weekend, but he got some park and cuddle time in yesterday.
No comments:
Post a Comment