Wednesday, December 30, 2009

He's Mobile



Our house is not ready for Reid to be mobile, but he is. Yesterday, he crawled under the desk and went for fax machine. Actually, he's attracted to the wires and plugs, the fax machine was secondary. He has become an enormous fan of the telephone. Reid can't keep his hands off of it. We keep getting up and hanging up on that operator. I used to wonder why parents would hover around their baby and grab things out of its' hands and then move knick knack out of the way. It seemed so overkill and distracting to watch. On Monday, we were those parents. We went to visit Aunt Carol and Uncle Bob's beautiful home. At our house we don't have any delicate chotzke, but there it was at Aunt Carol's, a breakable buffet! Jeff and I raced around trying to make conversation while distracting Reid, taking the expensive snow globe away from him and then finding higher ground for it. Our house may not be baby proofed yet, but at least he's not tossing around collectible Macintosh and Watts figurines here. There are those power tools in the corner, however. Aunt Carol mentioned that when there son was a toddler they had a special drawer full of plugs and wires just for him. I think I'm going to make one for Reid! Now, if only every home we visit would have a special drawer for him...

No comments:

Post a Comment