Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Life on the Job Site




During Reid's lunch he watched Steve, one of the contractors, paint. Reid was very intrigued by who this man was and why he's always here and never wants to play with him. He must also wonder why we never speak to each other or acknowledge the men working on the house. At first, I tried to make conversation with them, but I didn't find much in common with them and they very obviously didn't want to talk to me. So I stopped trying and just live on one side of the house and give them their space. It's very awkward to live in our contractor's job site, as I'm sure it is awkward for the men to work in someone's home. We gave them each a bottle of Crown Royal this afternoon, so we're hoping that they go home over the holidays drink all of the booze we bought them, come back relaxed and finish this god forsaken kitchen! Or maybe they will come back hung over and feeling sluggish. Either way they were ready to go home this afternoon and I called them to help me unclog the basement laundry tub. They tried to help me, but ended up flooding part of the basement. I proceeded to mop up the puddles and puddles of water. The positive side of all of the mopping was that I met our new pet spider. He's a medium sized Canadian tarantula that lives in our basement. I think he was eating a mouse when I interrupted him with my mop. I think I'll name him Fang...

No comments:

Post a Comment