Monday, July 25, 2011

Day Out with Thomas







Yesterday, we brought Reid to A Day Out with Thomas. I had bought these tickets in the winter and I had been looking forward to seeing his reaction to the Thomas replica. When I would tell him we were going to see Thomas he kept saying, "Maybe Spencer will be there, or "Maybe Percy will be there?" I would say, " I think it's just going to be Thomas there honey." Ten seconds later, "Maybe James will be there or Rosie?"We got lost, but thankfully for Carmon's GPS we made it to St. Thomas. We were late for our 10:15 train ride, but the lovely volunteers had mercy on a very sweaty Jeff and Jackie and let us get on the 11 o'clock ride. Reid was beaming as soon as we got there. He jumped on a huge Thomas jumping castle, got a tattoo, chased bubbles, played on three different train tables, listened to a musician, watched a video, fed goats and a yak. Despite the incredible heat, Laila didn't cry the whole trip, in fact she had a little smile on her face every time I looked at her. I think she even enjoyed the train ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment