Thursday, November 10, 2011

And the reno continues...




What started off as needing a new porch has turned into a big landscaping job. This summer we decided to paint the vinyl and all the windows, fascia, and eaves. We loved the more modern look. The vinyl seems less cheap in cityscape gray. Next, we tore out the big spruce that was in the front yard. It was a bit sad to kill a tree that the previous owners had planted, but it was ugly. We planted a Little Leaf Linden and a Japanese Maple as replacements. The front door was installed in June and all that was left was a new porch. We have been trying to get someone to build us a new porch since May. Finally, a crew is here tearing everything apart. The old porch was hollow so it took no time to demolish it. The pink brick took some time for the guys to dig up, but it's all gone. Stay tuned for the finished front yard!



I also realized that I have never blogged about the laundry room. This is the space that took the longest for Jeff to finish. I absolutely love doing laundry on the second floor. After hiking with laundry baskets from the third floor to the gross basement for a year and a half, I now feel very spoiled!

No comments:

Post a Comment