Jeff and Reid surprised me with organizing a surprise party. Shayne decorated and got all of the food. I had a feeling something was happening when Jeff freaked out that only one of our new end tables were delivered from Leon's and when he was vacuuming and raking the backyard. This was a dead give away, but I had no idea the scale of the party and the number of friends who came. I was so touched that he would do that for me. I have always wanted a surprise birthday party, so it was really thoughtful of Jeff to organize one for me and be such a great host. He lied after the movie saying we should go home and nurse Laila before we head out to our dinner reservations. When we pulled up I saw balloons in our living room and a bunch of people in the house. So sweet. I had lots of fun, but the kids had the most fun. I think Reid ate pretzels and cake for supper. He threw ice with Max even after he got in trouble by Daddy. He would scream and run into the garage, scream again and run out with Max and Kaden over and over again. We had ping pong in the backyard, lots of beer and wine and some delicious San Remo catering. I hope everyone had a great time, it looked like they did. Jeff did a great job keeping everyone's glass full. On Mother's Day we took some pictures of the kids in the backyard while our daffodils were still in bloom. It was a very challenging photo shoot. For some reason every time you tell Daisy to sit she lays down in submission. Laila kept grabbing Reid's shirt and he would giggle or say, "Laila, don't grab my shirt!" She would never look at the camera because she just wanted to watch Reid.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Mother's Day Weekend
Jeff and Reid surprised me with organizing a surprise party. Shayne decorated and got all of the food. I had a feeling something was happening when Jeff freaked out that only one of our new end tables were delivered from Leon's and when he was vacuuming and raking the backyard. This was a dead give away, but I had no idea the scale of the party and the number of friends who came. I was so touched that he would do that for me. I have always wanted a surprise birthday party, so it was really thoughtful of Jeff to organize one for me and be such a great host. He lied after the movie saying we should go home and nurse Laila before we head out to our dinner reservations. When we pulled up I saw balloons in our living room and a bunch of people in the house. So sweet. I had lots of fun, but the kids had the most fun. I think Reid ate pretzels and cake for supper. He threw ice with Max even after he got in trouble by Daddy. He would scream and run into the garage, scream again and run out with Max and Kaden over and over again. We had ping pong in the backyard, lots of beer and wine and some delicious San Remo catering. I hope everyone had a great time, it looked like they did. Jeff did a great job keeping everyone's glass full. On Mother's Day we took some pictures of the kids in the backyard while our daffodils were still in bloom. It was a very challenging photo shoot. For some reason every time you tell Daisy to sit she lays down in submission. Laila kept grabbing Reid's shirt and he would giggle or say, "Laila, don't grab my shirt!" She would never look at the camera because she just wanted to watch Reid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment