Sunday, May 22, 2011

Seven Months Old





Our little girl is seven months old. On May 20th she could not sit up on her own and then while I'm taking photos for her seventh month I sat her in the grass and she sat up all by herself and stayed up unassisted. In one day. Remarkable. She enjoys watching Reid play more and more and I can see that she really wants to join in. She will try to grasp at anything that he has in his hand. At Costco this morning Reid had a book and Laila continually tried to hold it, much to his frustration. He would swat away her hand despite my attempts to stop him. I had to take the book away from him when he hurt her hand and her feelings by squeezing her really hard. I tried to explain that she just wanted to play with him. It didn't matter. Laila can sit up on the floor by herself, she can roll over from back to front and vice versa. She is even warming up to the idea of solid food by just yesterday and this morning eating a whole bowl of soy cereal. She is a great afternoon napper, usually sleeping at the same time as Reid at 1pm and then falling asleep at night from 9:30 until 3:30 to nurse, until 6:30 in the morning. Her hair is getting quite long so we try to put barettes in her hair to keep it out of her eyes. Happy 7!

No comments:

Post a Comment