Monday, October 17, 2011

Potty Training




We were so excited yesterday afternoon when Reid stripped himself naked and declared that he wanted to pee on the potty like the boy in his book. He peed three times yesterday in his potty. I thought he would never want to pee in anything but his diaper, so I was screaming with joy at the tops of my lungs. He even fought to wear undies to bed last night. I told him that just for a little while he should wear a diaper to sleep. Today, however, has not been very successful. He peed a little bit in the potty before the gym, and then finished in his pants while at the gym. I should have put a diaper on him, but he wanted his undies so I wanted to keep up the momentum. As the very helpful gym daycare worker suggested, I should stay home and put him on the toilet every 10 minutes like she did with her son who's totally potty trained and only 20 months old.
We have a very hard time staying home all day. I'm too hyper to be locked in this house for 8 hours and so is Reid. He tears the house apart and I go mental. I think we had a great start yesterday because it was his idea. This afternoon, I'm going to bring him to the potty every 35 minutes so we get a series of successful trips, but not so often that he gets annoyed with me.
These are pictures of our walk through the High Park off leash dog trail yesterday with Daisy and her friend Brownie. Charlie took this picture just before her dog Brownie ran off after an intriguing scent for 15 minutes. We had a lovely weekend.
Wish me luck after nap today!

No comments:

Post a Comment