This was taken just a day after her first step in the front porch. I love this photo because it was taken on a gorgeous fall afternoon after nap time when we were getting ready to play at the park. Just an everyday occurrence that I savoured by catching it on camera.
I love this photo because we all look so happy even though we were not rested. Laila had not slept the night before, but instead of dragging ourselves around we made the most out of our time together and took the dog for a walk.
I love this picture because we started to see Laila's personality emerge. Look at that smile!
Our first family vacation! Our time together was anything but relaxing, but we wouldn't have changed a thing.
This was taken when the kitchen was finally complete. We were so excited and relieved to have it all finished. This is before I scratched the fridge, dented the fridge, burnt the countertop, and the ceiling leaked. Nothing stays nice and/or new!
I love this photo because Laila and Reid just started to interact and laugh with each other. The very beginning of their "siblinghood".
Best friends were holding hands on a sunny, warm, May day. Reid and Max had an epic play date that I will not soon forget. Making this photo even more perfect is Cheryl's smile. I miss her and her family very much. This picture makes me cry every single time I look at it. Friends moving away sucks!
I love this photo of Reid because it was taken after his first haircut. I bawled at the hairdressers, mourning his baby curls and his babyhood. But, I had to admit that he looked very cute in the backyard playing peek a boo with his new look.
I love this moment because Reid was trying so hard to walk. He was crying and laughing and concentrating and smiling in my parent's backyard with this push toy. He was struggling to find his footing and keep his balance. A metaphor for life.
"Stop to smell the daffodils" has to be my favourite of all of the photos I've ever posted. It isn't very well focused, you can't see his eyes, but the pure innocence makes this moment is so beautiful and perfect. He will never again wander down every single neighbour's driveway to smell flowers.
This photo captures the essence of my blog. At first I was taking pictures that I thought would be cute and our relatives would like, and I still am doing that, but the blog has become more of a diary for me. After two years of posting I'm now able to look back at what Reid was doing at Laila's age and what I was thinking when we were renovating, what we did on the weekends. I'm able to marvel at the changes in our lives and home and children.
The blog has forced me to grab onto everyday doldrums and look at them close up. I'm forced to be present rather than wish my kids were older or more independent. It's tempting sometimes to say, 'we'll be happy when Laila starts sleeping' or 'when both kids are potty trained things will be better'. That's just not true. I'm happy now. I'm already dreading the moment I will have to walk Reid to his first day of school. I will one day look back and wish I could take my kids to Chapters in the morning and the park in the afternoon. I am dedicated to savouring all of the moments I have the pleasure of sharing with Reid, Laila and Jeff.
Here's to two years of blogging and to many more!
No comments:
Post a Comment