Monday, March 21, 2011

Danelle








Last week, we were so lucky to have Danelle spend her March break with us. She is only 12 but so responsible, smart and funny. I loved having her company and having our afternoon hot chocolate together. She came running with me, she helped me grocery shopping, she babysat while Jeff and I saw a movie, went to the gym, ran some errands...lot of babysitting. Danelle worked hard! She changed Laila's diaper all week long, I think I only changed her twice in the whole week, she took Reid to the park over and over again, she carried Laila in the front pack despite being confused as a teen mom and she put Reid down for a couple of his naps. We tried to give Danelle some big city experiences like taking the subway (when it whooshed past her she said, "Ohh, just like in the movies!) seeing the CN Tower, walking down the seedy part of Yonge street, walking down the posh part of Bloor street and taking the GO train. A homeless man even winked at her when we took the subway! I was so sad to see her go and so was Reid.
Yesterday, he said, "I want to decorate cupcakes with Danelle."
Then, "I want to make cookies with Danelle."
I said, "I miss Danelle too Reid."
Reid, "Me too I miss Danelle."
To which he replied, "Danelle is a nice girl." Awwwwww.....

No comments:

Post a Comment