Laila is showing us more and more of her personality these days. Jeff and I are noticing that despite being born to the same parents, we have a very different kid this time. She's sleeping really well through the night and loves watching Reid do whatever it is that he does. She's starting to nap on a kind of predictable pattern. I know that she won't stay awake for more than 3 and a half hours, so depending on when she wakes up in the morning I know when she'll need a rest. At lunch today, I had to feed her solids because she was crying when I tried to nurse her. I guess she could see that Reid and I were eating real food. It's very strange having a baby that does not want to nurse. Reid is my only point of comparison and all he wanted all the time was nurse. Even now he pretends to eat strawberries off of my shoulder when I'm trying to breastfeed. Laila seems to be quite efficient and serious about feeding time. She wants to get on with her day. Maybe it's a combination of having interesting big brother to watch, having a more independent personality and having a bigger appetite than milk can satisfy. Jeff and I will continue to watch her develop into her own little amazing person. I'm starting to wonder how much parenting has any effect on their personalities at all...
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Personality
Laila is showing us more and more of her personality these days. Jeff and I are noticing that despite being born to the same parents, we have a very different kid this time. She's sleeping really well through the night and loves watching Reid do whatever it is that he does. She's starting to nap on a kind of predictable pattern. I know that she won't stay awake for more than 3 and a half hours, so depending on when she wakes up in the morning I know when she'll need a rest. At lunch today, I had to feed her solids because she was crying when I tried to nurse her. I guess she could see that Reid and I were eating real food. It's very strange having a baby that does not want to nurse. Reid is my only point of comparison and all he wanted all the time was nurse. Even now he pretends to eat strawberries off of my shoulder when I'm trying to breastfeed. Laila seems to be quite efficient and serious about feeding time. She wants to get on with her day. Maybe it's a combination of having interesting big brother to watch, having a more independent personality and having a bigger appetite than milk can satisfy. Jeff and I will continue to watch her develop into her own little amazing person. I'm starting to wonder how much parenting has any effect on their personalities at all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment